Station 6 - 134 Amory St.
The Fulton Engine Company Six, originally located at 415 Rimmon St. (corner of Amory and Rimmon) was organized in October 1893. The company was responsible for fire protection in the area known as 'The Flat Iron District', which saw its share of large fires. The district was composed of numerous wooden structures creating a very congested Manchester westside neighborhood.
In the late 1800's, Company Six was made up of three pieces consisting of, an engine, hose wagon, and ladder, all horse drawn. A 750 gpm pump was delivered to Station 6 in 1917, and an Ahrens-Fox 50 ft. service ladder was put in service as Ladder 6 in 1923. In 1953, a new Mack pumper with a new 75 ft. Seagrave aerial ladder were assigned to the Amory St. station.
On June 9, 1988, an accidental fire destroyed Station 6 while the company was out on training. A new three bay station was built down the road at 134 Amory St., the current location. The station presently houses a 1990 E-One pumper and a 1996 Nova Quintech Skyarm tower ladder. It will be receiving this year the first ever Forestry Truck in the history of MFD. The station is staffed by a captain, three lieutenants, and twelve firefighters.