City of Manchester, NH Official Website

Licenses and Permits

The Business Licensing and Enforcement Division is located in the Office of the City Clerk at City Hall in Manchester. We service all requests for licensing in the City of Manchester, including grocers; peddlers; hawkers, dealers in and keepers of shops for the purchase, sale or barter of junk, old metals or second-hand articles; pawnbrokers; taxicab companies; taxicab drivers; companies engaged in towing motor vehicles without the consent or authorization of the owner or operator; employment offices; establishments engaged in Sunday activities; circuses; carnivals; performers and exhibitors; arcades; dances, dance halls or entertainment places of assembly; transient or itinerant photographers/magazine sales; peddlers; fairs; and other related activities.

The Business Licensing and Enforcement Division no longer issues alarm permits. An alarm permit is required for all security alarm users in the City of Manchester and may be obtained from the Ordinance Violations Bureau, located at City Hall at One City Hall Plaza in the west wing - a division of the Manchester Police Department.

While we strive to ensure that activities remain in compliance with municipal ordinances, our first and foremost goal is to provide business owners in Manchester with a courteous and efficient licensing process.

Contact Information

Business Licensing and Enforcement Division
Office of the City Clerk

One City Hall Plaza
Manchester, NH 03101
(603) 624-6348

This website and its contents are a service of the City of Manchester, NH

Copyright 2017 City of Manchester Terms Of Use Privacy Statement Site Map Login