Home » Departments » Assessors » Exemptions and Credits » Veterans Credit

Veteran's and Disabled Veteran's Credit

Must be in armed service a minimum of 90 days during the following dates:
  • "Spanish War" between April 21, 1898 and April 11, 1899
  • "Philippine Insurrection" between April 12, 1899 and July 4, 1902, extended to July 15, 1903 for service in the Moro Provinces.
  • "Boxer Rebellion" between June 16, 1900 and May 2, 1901"World War I" between April 6, 1917 and November 11, 1918, extended to April 1, 1920 for service in Russia provided that military or naval service on or after November 12, 1918 and before July 2, 1921 where there was prior service between April 6, 1917 and November 11, 1918 shall be considered World War I service.
  • "World War II" between December 7, 1941 and December 31 1946
  • "Korean Conflict" between June 25, 1950 and January 31, 1955
  • "Vietnam Conflict" between December 22, 1961 and May 7, 1975
  • "Vietnam Conflict" between July 1, 1958 and December 22, 1961 if the resident earned the Vietnam service medal or the armed forces expeditionary medal.
  • "Persian Gulf War" between August 2, 1990 and the date thereafter prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law.
  • Any other war or armed conflict that has occurred since May 8, 1975 and in which the resident earned an armed forces expeditionary medal or theater of operations service medal.
  • A award of an individual decoration.
All Veterans Tax Credit RSA 72:28-b:
  • Is a resident of Manchester who served not less than 90 days on active service in the armed forces of the United States and was honorably discharged or an officer honorably separated from service; or the spouse or surviving spouse of such resident, provided that Title 10 training for active duty by a member of a national guard or reserve.
Surviving Spouse RSA 72:29-a:
  • The surviving spouse of any person who was killed or died while on active duty in the armed forces of the United States or any of the armed forces or any of the governments associated with the United States in the wars, conflicts or armed conflicts, or combat zones shall receive a tax credit for the taxes due upon the surviving spouse's real and personal property.
To qualify for the Disabled Veterans Credit RSA 72:35 you must:
  • Provide this office a certification from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) that the applicant is rated 100% totally and permanently disabled from a service connected injury.
To qualify for the Veterans Credit you must be:
  • A resident of New Hampshire for 1 year prior to April 1st
  • Must reside at property where credit is claimed
  • Applies only to residential property
  • Must have honorable discharge from the service
You must provide the following (if you file):
  • DD-214 Form or military separation papers to validate your wartime service and character of discharge.  DD-214 forms can be obtained at www.nh.gov/nhveterans