Paying Your Taxes
Forms of Payment:
- Money Orders
- Certified Bank Check
- Debit and Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
Debit and Credit card payments are accepted in person and online
General Payment Policies:
- Post-dated checks cannot be accepted, and will be returned to the taxpayer.
- Per RSA80:56, A minimum fee of $30.00, plus all additional delinquency penalties and collection costs as stated in RSA80:52-b, will be charged for any remittance returned by the bank for any reason.
- Remittances which do not clear the payer’s financial institution shall not be considered paid, and all resultant fees, interest, delinquency penalties, and collection costs shall be charged to the taxpayer.
- Payment of this bill does not prevent the collection of previous unpaid taxes, nor does an error in the name of the person(s) taxed prevent collection.
- If you are not the current owner of this property, please forward the bill to the proper owner. The Tax Collector is not responsible for payment on the wrong tax bill.
- PARTIAL PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. However, partial payments will NOT delay future billings, or extend payment periods, or prevent interest and costs from accruing or prevent lien placement, or prevent the City from taking title to the property, until all amounts due are paid in full. For details, contact the Tax Collectors Office.
- Real estate tax payments will be applied first to the oldest delinquent real estate taxes (if any) unless otherwise requested, for the indicated property.
The City of Manchester, NH has several different departments, each being responsible for the collection of accounts pertaining to their field of work. If you receive bills from different departments please make sure you do not combine payments on one check.