Fire extinguishers come in different classes.
Know what is on fire and use the proper extinguisher.
|Wood, Paper, Plastics, Cloth
|TV, VCR, Power Tools
WARNING! Using a fire extinguisher on the wrong class of fire can MAKE THE FIRE WORSE!
When a fire occurs:
- First notify 911, and sound any alarms
- Evacuate immediately
- Rescue anyone in danger
- NEVER...Attempt to extinguish a large or rapidly growing fire
- NEVER...Fight fires without an escape route
- NEVER...Fight fires in a smoke filled room
- NEVER...Fight fires if you are in doubt
- NEVER...Assume the fire is out. Wait until the area is inspected by the fire department.