There's always something going on, either in our facility or out on the town!
The Senior Services staff work hard to make sure our patrons stay active and informed. Stay current by attending our classes and seminars. Have some fun with games and crafts. Or just sit back and enjoy the company of others. There's plenty going on...
- Social events – theme parties – functions:
Special luncheons, entertainment, dancing, and social events are held monthly to give people the opportunity to network and enjoy the camaraderie of others.
- Line Dancing:
Enjoy Line Dancing with Jeannette. Fun Group. Great Music. Line Dancing is offered twice a week for those interested in learning and getting some great exercise. This dance class offers the individual the chance to dance with a group of dancers of all levels and abilities.
Clinics include hearing screenings, foot clinics, diabetic shoe clinics, and various health screenings. Health professionals from area agencies are routinely available to provide care, services, and educational needs.
- Senior Fitness:
Exercise programs are offered to help meet the needs of a variety of people. Basic exercise class with Tracey; easily modified to meet individual needs.
- Zumba is known for the zesty Latin music, the easy-to-follow moves and the invigorating party-like atmosphere. Zumba Gold takes the Zumba formula and modifies the moves and pacing to suit the needs of the active older participants, as well as those just starting their journey to a fit and healthy lifestyle. Zumba is a fun dance fitness class. We offer the Zumba Gold class with certified instructor Tracey.
- Workout Warrior's is taught in small group setting. Members will be led through a variety of exercises to promote flexibility, muscular endurance, and muscular Strength.
- Fitness Room- Our Fitness room is available to members of the William B. Cashin Senior Activity Center who have completed an fitness room orientation with the fitness trainer at the senior center. The fitness room has two treadmills, ARC trainer, Recumbent bike, Dual Cable Workout machine, TRX suspension training system, medicine balls, bosu balls, dumbell weights and a bench for exercising.
- Chair Yoga- Chair Yoga is a way to experience the physical, mental & spiritual practices or disciplines. The ultimate goal of yoga is a state of permanent peace. Yoga postures are used to alleviate health problems and reduce stress. Yoga is also used as a complete exercise program and physical therapy routine. Come in and meet LeeAnn and she will enhance your life through the ancient art of Yoga.
- Tai Chi and Qi Gong are also provided provided at the Senior Center to promote serenity, balance, mindfulness as well as improve balance and range of motion. No prior experience is required as Meghan will adapt the movements for people of all abilities.
- Card Games, Bingo, Mah Jongg, Word Games, Billiards and Puzzles:
Various games offer fun, stimulating, brain exercising opportunities, not to mention the opportunity to get together with friends. They are an excellent way to network and meet new people and reacquaint with old ones.
- Art Classes:
Various art classes are taught which include acrylic painting, adult coloring, and knitting and crocheting. More art classes and workshops are added throughout the year.
- Wii: Computer, video, and software games are not just for kids anymore! Wii bowling is offered for teams to have some fun and friendly competition. Players are able to learn how to bowl, compete in league bowling, and enjoy an awards banquet at the end of a 10 week tournament. It’s interactive, fun, and exciting.
Trips (both day and overnight) are offered through New England Coach. Day trips include such activities such as foliage rides, dinner and show trips, New England beach tours, ocean excursions, to name a few. Contact New England Coach and leave the planning and driving to them! Go to their website https://www.newenglandcoach.com/ or call1-866-560-1919. Advanced registration and deposit is required for trips.
Information on many topics including legal information, health and wellness, aging, local and historical education, politics, advocacy and more. Depending on the presenter and/or the topic registration may be requested.
- Open Computer Time:
Open computer time is available in the lab for all members.
- Books, Puzzles and DVD's
Books, Puzzles and DVD's are available for members to borrow. Browse the large selection of gently used books and puzzles, or take home a DVD for and evening in.
Please check our calendar for specific dates and times.