Police Commission Members
1st term 10/6/20 – 09/15/23
2nd term 10/17/23 - 9/14/26
1st term 08/06/19 – 09/14/21 (to complete term of former Commissioner Dan Reidy)
2nd term 9/15/21 - 9/15/24
1st Term 09/15/20 – 09/14/23
2nd Term 10/17/23 - 9/14/26
1st Term 11/24/21 – 09/14/24
1st Term 10/21/22 – 09/14/25
CITY CHARTER (11/5/96)
Section 3.11 DEPARTMENT BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS.
- (a) In order to provide citizen input to the city departments, the board of mayor and aldermen may establish commissions to consult, advise and make policy recommendations to the department heads and board of mayor and aldermen on matters appropriate to the department.
- (b) Upon request of the board of mayor and aldermen or the department head, the commission may advise the board or the department head on specific matters referred to the commission.
- (c) The commission shall have no responsibility for personnel decisions or administration of the department unless otherwise required by state statute or this charter.
- (d) If specifically requested to do so by the mayor, the commission may serve as a nominating committee to recommend a candidate to the mayor for department head.
- (e) Upon request of the board of aldermen the commission shall assume the policy making authority of the board of aldermen in accordance with Section 2.04 of this charter. The board of aldermen shall retain the right to rescind such action.