To be eligible to register and vote in the city of Manchester, a person must be:
- 18 years of age or older on election day;
- A United States citizen; and
- Domiciled in the ward where they intend to vote.
To register to vote, you will need to provide proof of your identity, age, citizenship, and domicile. Proof can be either by documents that you have with you or by affidavit.
- Proof of Identification/Age:
Valid Driver's License, Non-Driver's ID, Current Passport, Military ID, or a completed Qualified Voter Affidavit signed under the penalties of voting fraud set forth by State Law.
- Proof of Domicile:
There are numerous documents that will be accepted to prove your domicile in the city of Manchester. The following is just an example of a few of these documents:
- Valid NH vehicle registration, utility bill (with applicant's name on it, i.e. Telephone, Gas, Electric), school document showing you live in campus housing, rental or lease agreement in your name, tax bills, medical bills, pay stubs showing your Manchester address or other monthly bills, postmarked mail within the last 30 days or a completed Domicile Voter Affidavit signed under the penalties of voting fraud set forth by State Law.
- Proof of Citizenship:
A birth certificate, U.S. Passport/Passcard, or naturalization document satisfies proof of citizenship or a completed Qualified Voter Affidavit signed under the penalties of voting fraud set forth by State Law.
- For additional questions regarding the voter registration process and how recent voting laws affect you, please click here.
- Military or Overseas Citizen Registration:
If you are a member of the military you can obtain from your commanding officer a Standard Form 76 (red and white form), Federal Post Card Application - Registration and Absentee Ballot Request. If you are an oversees citizen or if your commanding officer does not have the form you can print out the online version of the Federal Post Card Application and mail it to the City Clerk's Office, One City Hall Plaza, Manchester, NH 03101.
For your convenience, the Office of the City Clerk is open for voter registration Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays unless posted otherwise. All applications must be approved by the Board of Registrars before being added to the checklist.
The Office of the City Clerk continues our commitment to making your election experience as pleasant as possible. In an effort to minimize waiting in long lines on Election Day, our annual Voter Registration Drives provide prospective voters with numerous opportunities to register to vote at locations within the community.