Please note: City Hall has reopened to the public. Those concerned about visiting our office due to COVID19 can request services by telephone, email or US mail. We encourage those visiting our office to wear a mask and to maintain social distancing.
This site provides an overview of important programs serving Manchester taxpayers. This site also explains the assessment process and duties carried out by the Assessor’s. The programs and duties of our office are established by state statutes and local ordinances.
Abatements and Appeals, Exemptions and Credits and Online Property Information are popular topics covered on our website. From here, you can download popular applications available in our office and find important information on these programs.
While this website enhances our ability to serve the public, it does not in any way replace the personal service provided at our office in downtown Manchester.
For answers to questions not found here, a staff directory with contact information is provided under “Related Links” found on the bottom of this page.
Public GIS Map Viewer
View GIS Map
- Due to the declared State of Emergency related to the COVID-19 virus, the Assessors Office is operating on a limited service basis only. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause our patrons, however these measures have been imposed to protect our customers and staff members. If you need to qualify or requalify for an Eldery or Disabled Exemption and worried about meeting the deadline, please print and sign the Application for Property Tax Credit/Exemptions by April 15th and mail it to our office located at One City Hall Plaza, West Wing Manchester, NH 03101. For Veterans' Tax Credit, please print and sign the Application for Property Tax Credit/Exemptions and submit it with a copy of your DD214 and License. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office at 603.624.6520.
- Please use this form to update the Assessors Office of any change to your mailing address, name change, removal of name or name correction.
- BTLA A-9 and BTLA A-12 Exemption Forms are available online, please fill out and submit to the Assessors Office.
- On February 4, 2020 the Board of Mayor and Alderman recommended and approved all Veterans' Tax Credits to be increased. See the Exemptions and Credits page for the new amounts.
- On October 30, 2018 the Board of Mayor and Alderman approved RSA 72:28-b All Veterans’ Tax Credit, effective in 2019. Veterans who served 90 days outside the qualifying periods for the regular veterans’ tax credit can contact the Assessors Office for more information. Application deadline for 2019 is 04.15.2019.
- On February 3, 2015 the Board of Mayor and Alderman recommended that the renewable energy tax exemption be adopted and further that the resolution allowing for the exemption be enrolled. See RSA 72:62 Solar Energy Systems Exemption for further information.
The mission of the assessing office is to perform our duties in a courteous and professional manner, while ensuring fairness and equity by:
- Complying with all State of New Hampshire Statutes and Rules And City of Manchester Ordinances regarding tax assessments, abatements, exemptions, and credits
- Impartially treating every property owner with fairness and equity
- Providing the public with the highest level of service and professionalism
- Maintaining a staff with the highest level of technical expertise
- Maximizing the use of technology to increase efficiencies and lower cost
Assessors Office Disclaimer
The Assessors Office makes every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, its use, or its interpretation. The assessed values are subject to change before being finalized for ad valorem tax purposes. The Assessor parcel maps are for assessment use only and do NOT represent a survey. The Assessor parcel maps are compiled from official records, including surveys and deeds, but only contain the information required for assessment. See the recorded documents for more detailed legal information.