With grandstand seating capacity of 2,220; bleacher seating for about 792 more (total seating a little over 3,000); parking for 300 cars; and full field lighting, the stadium hosts a variety of sporting events. Box office hours vary according to games.
As of 2019 Gill Stadium was renovated by replacing the field turf, replacing the lights, moving the bullpens along the 1st and 3rd base line, and adding a second batting cage.
Ticket Booth (603) 665-6835
Originally known as Varick Park, the facility has served as a baseball site since the early 1900's. When the park proved inadequate, the stadium was constructed on the same location by Amoskeag Manufacturing in 1913 and called Textile Field. The ballpark was leased to the Amoskeag Textile Club for their baseball league until sold to the City of Manchester in 1927, at which time the name was changed to Municipal Athletic Field.
The Sunset League was formed sponsored by local utilities. In 1928 American Legion Baseball began organized play, including use of the Manchester ballpark. American Legion World Series were hosted by the Municipal Athletic Field in 1932, 1942, 1968, 1976, and 1977.
In 1967, the stadium was renamed Gill Stadium in honor of former Parks and Recreation Director Ignace J. Gill who served from 1935 to 1967, and under whose tenure the stadium hosted the Manchester Yankees, a class "AA" Minor League Baseball Team in 1947 and 1948. In 1971 and 1972 a second Minor League Baseball Team, the class "A" Manchester Yankees played at Gill Stadium.
On April 15, 2004, Gill Stadium welcomed the NH Fisher Cats, AA Minor League Baseball affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays. The Fisher Cats played home games at Gill in 2004 while the new Fisher Cats Ballpark was being constructed.
As of 2005, Gill hosts Manchester School Athletics events plus Babe Ruth and Legion Baseball, and Bears football and Eagles Pop Warner football.