Be a steward of your favorite park or trail.
Adopt-A-Site encourages local businesses, landscaping professionals, and volunteers to assist with the beautification of City land.
We look forward to working together to keep Manchester looking beautiful!
Adopt-A-Veteran Memorial Plaque
Military squares are memorial spaces throughout the city dedicated to Manchester residents who lost their lives while serving their country. All fourteen squares have a plaque honoring the veteran who made the ultimate sacrifice.
In a partnership between Ward 10 Alderman, Bill Barry, and the City, the Parks, Recreation, and Cemetery Division made the plaques available for adoption for $300. The donation goes for cleaning, restoring, and preserving the plaque and mounting post, if applicable.
Below is an example of before and after the restoration process.
- Robert W. Lewis (1922-1942), adopted by Water Works
- Roger B. Cote (1930-1950), adopted by Jason Ientile
- Joseph Roger Raymond (1921-1943), adopted by Richard and Elaine Plante
- Roland A Metivier (1919-1943), adopted by Raymond and Michelene Bouchard
How to Adopt
- Visit the Parks and Recreation Military Squares page to select your preferred marker.
- Contact the Adopt-A-Site coordinator by either email or phone at (603) 792-5373 to complete the Adopt-A-Site donation form.
- Drop off your $300 tax-deductible donation at the reception desk at the entrance of the Department of Public Works building or mail your check to 475 Valley Street, Manchester, NH 03103. Checks should be made payable to the City of Manchester, NH. In the notes section, write Adopt-A-Site Donation.