Be a steward of your favorite park or trail.
Adopt-A-Site encourages local businesses, landscaping professionals, and volunteers to assist with beautifying public spaces such as parks, cemeteries, and trails.
We look forward to working together to keep Manchester looking beautiful! Click this link if you want to adopt a site listed below: Site Request.
Interested in participating or volunteering in Manchester's Community Garden Program? Visit the Manchester Grows website for more details and contacts for each garden. http://Manchestergrowsnh.org
May Volunteer Opportunities
Saturday, May 20, 2023: Notre Dame Park
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Saturday, May 20, 2023: Valley Cemetery
Starts 9:00 am
Meet at the Chapel
Save Valley Cemetery Group
Adopters 2023 Season
- Bass Island Park - Clara Mbasisya, Individual Adopter
- Enright Park - Janine Woodworth, Individual Adopter
- Martineau Park - Rimmon Heights Neighborhood Group, Group Adopter
- Notre Dame Bridge Park - Jen Schwab and Rimmon Heights Neighborhood Group, Group Adopter
- Piscataquog River Boat Ramp - Rimmon Heights Neighborhood Group, Group Adopter
- Piscataqoug River Park - Friends of Piscataquog River Park, Group Adopter
- Rock Rimmon Park - Meelia Center for Community Engagement, Group Adopter
- Sweeney Park - FaithBridge Church, Group Adopter
- Sheridan-Emmett Park - CDM Smith-Manchester, Group Adopter
- Valley Cemetery - Tanya Orr and Save Valley Cemetery, Group Adopter
- Victory Park - Life Church, Group Adopter
Adopt-A-Veteran Memorial Plaque
In a partnership between Ward 10 Alderman, Bill Barry, and the City, the Parks, Recreation, and Cemetery Division, we made the plaques available for adoption for $300. The donation paid for cleaning, restoring, and preserving the plaque and mounting post.
Below is an example of before and after the restoration process.
Bernard C. Mullen (1908-1944), adopted by The Ancient Order of Hibernians
Gerald R. Helmich (1931-1969), adopted by the Office of the City Solicitor
John J. Sullivan (1907-1942), adopted by Mary Heath, Ann Sullivan, Grace Sullivan, and Kathleen Sullivan
Joseph H. W. Roux (1921-1943), adopted by Blue Ribbon Property Improvement and Sweeney Family
William M. Jutras (1891-1918), adopted by Blue Ribbon Property Improvement and Sweeney Family
Arthur M. St. Pierre (1920-1944), adopted by Alderman Pat Long
Maurice J. St. Germain (1921-1941), adopted by Guy St.Germain, Maggie St. Germain Pilotte, and Gerry Pilotte
Bernard B. Barry (1893-1918), adopted by the Manchester Retired Firefighters Association
Herman F. Little (1893-1918), adopted by Gary and Heidi Hamer and Mark and Paula Mahoney
Francis P. Lally (1919-1943), adopted by Margaret-Ann Moran and Joyceann Fitzgerald-Guill
Robert W. Lewis (1922-1942), adopted by Water Works
Roger B. Cote (1930-1950), adopted by Blue Ribbon Property Improvement and Sweeney Family
Joseph Roger Raymond (1921-1943), adopted by Richard and Elaine Plante
Roland A Metivier (1919-1943), adopted by Raymond and Michelene Bouchard