Home » Departments » Parks and Recreation » Parks Trails and Facilities » Parks » Harriman Park

Harriman Park


Monument at Harriman Park

Harriman Park was originally named East Side Park, and was given to the city by Emma S. Richard on October 31, 1905. The Park was renamed on May 2, 1922 in honor of Lt. Lynn H. Harriman. Lt. Harriman served in the 101st Infantry in World War 1 and died on May 1, 1918 after being mortally wounded in combat. Lt. Harriman was awarded the French Croix de Guerre and the American Distinguished Serve Cross for his bravery. Harriman Park is located on the corner of Lake Ave and Hall St. and the corner of Hall St. and Central St. The park is comprised of 0.41 acres, and includes a playground and a basketball court.

History of Harriman Park researched and written by: Tim S. from Manchester Memorial High School Class of 2011.

For directions click here.

The playground at Harriman Park