As a certified agent of the State of New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles, the Tax Collector's Office can perform many types of vehicle registrations for Manchester residents and businesses, including:
- Renewal registrations
- New registrations, including vehicle plates
- Transfer registrations (move your current plates to a new vehicle)
- Boat registrations
- Change of address forms
- Application for titles
- Request duplicates or copies of registrations, plates, decals
All parking tickets must be paid before your vehicle can be registered. http://parkingticketpayments.manchesternh.gov/
The City offers the following online services and forms, related to vehicle registrations:
Planning on visiting our office? the following guidelines will help us to serve you faster:
- If you will be paying by check:
- Please do not make your check out before you come in to the office. If the amount turns out to be different than expected, we cannot accept an altered check.
- Checks must include your phone number.
- Proof of identity is required. Acceptable forms:
- Current unexpired drivers license
- State-issued photo identification
- Military photo identification
- Bring the proper documents:
- Proof of residency: we can only register vehicles for Manchester residents and businesses with a Manchester address. More on proof of residency.
- Parking tickets: All parking tickets must be paid before registering a vehicle. http://parkingticketpayments.manchesternh.gov/.
Throughout this website, we have attempted to answer the most commonly asked questions and explain the many facets of the process of automobile registration. Please navigate the site and if you still have a question, please contact us. We appreciate your feedback.