Home » Departments » Police » Community Affairs Division » Traffic Unit

Traffic Unit

Traffic AccidentSupervisors:

Capt. Chris Goodnow  (603) 792-5438 cgoodnow@manchesternh.gov 
Lieutenant Greg DiTullio (603)792-5430 gditullio@manchesternh.gov
Sergeant Michael Donahue (603) 792-5439 mdonahue@manchesternh.gov 

Traffic Enforcement:

Officer Dan Wood (603) 792-5449 dwood@manchesternh.gov
Officer Mark Aquino (603) 792-5447 maquino@manchesternh.gov 
Officer Warren Olson (603) 792-5445 wolson@manchesternh.gov 

Traffic Investigators:

Officer Kevin Gelinas (603) 792-5441kgelinas@manchesternh.gov 
Officer Ian Fleming (603) 792-5448 ifleming@manchesternh.gov 
Officer Chris Day (603) 792-5446 cday@manchesternh.gov 
Officer Kyle Daly (603) 792-5444 kdaly@manchesternh.gov

Traffic and Enforcement is a specialized unit within the Patrol Division. Supervisors and Officers assigned to Traffic receive lengthy training in accident reconstruction and investigation. These officers respond to and investigate all fatal and serious injury accidents in the city. They also conduct follow up investigations into hit and run accidents.

Officers assigned to Enforcement are responsible for specialized motor vehicle enforcement throughout the city. Enforcement officers often patrol on motorcycle and are responsible for conducting speed surveys to help determine the best times to direct enforcement in targeted areas.

Traffic Supervisors work with many outside organizations and agencies to set up traffic routes and security for all major events taking place in Manchester. These events include but are not limited too parades, road races, and concerts, presidential and other VIP visits. Traffic Supervisors organize approximately 75 of these events annually.

Car Seat Safety Checks

The Manchester Police Department will now be providing the public with car seat safety inspections.  Car seat safety inspection appointments can be made by calling the Manchester Police Department at 603-668-8711 and leaving a message with the Car Seat Technicians voicemail at Mailbox #3200.

The Manchester Police Traffic Unit has the following responsibilities:
  • Investigation of all fatal, serious personal injury, and hit and run accidents
  • Investigation of all accidents involving City vehicles with personal injury or serious property damage
  • Accident investigation follow-up
  • Enforcement of motor vehicle laws
  • The operation of speed measuring devices (radar), breath test equipment (Intoxilizer), traffic counting devices
  • Traffic Safety Education programs

Frequently Asked Questions

When do I have to report an accident to the Police?

According to N.H. RSA 264:25, Reporting Requirements: In the State of New Hampshire, any Motor Vehicle Accident causing death, personal injury, or combined damage in excess of $1,000 must be reported in writing to the Division of Motor Vehicles within 15 days.

This can be accomplished by calling the Police to the scene so that they can file a report. If the police file a report this meets the above requirement, and you as the driver are not required to notify the Division of Motor Vehicles.

An alternative to calling the Police is to obtain a State of New Hampshire Motor Vehicle Accident Report form and complete it yourself and then mail it to the State. These forms are available at the Manchester Police Department, as well as at the Registry of Motor Vehicles.

How do I get a copy of my accident report?

You have to come to the Manchester Police Department Records Unit window M-F from 7:30-4:30. Per City Ordinance the first page (both sides) will cost you $10 and each additional page will cost $1.

I was in an accident and need the other person's insurance company. How do I get this information?

If a police report was done, and if the other person has insurance, that information should be noted on the accident report. We will give you this information if you are the driver and/or owner of one of the vehicles involved in the accident.

I need my accident report case number for my insurance company. Can I get this?

Yes. Give us a call and with your name and the date/location of the accident we should be able to get this information for you.