The City provides seasonal curbside collection of yard waste. Rules and regulations apply. Pickup is every week in early spring and late fall; every other week during the period in between. Collection services cease for the winter, with the exception of Christmas tree collection the first two full weeks of January.
Enter your address in our online lookup function to determine your collection days.
The Drop Off Facility accepts yard waste throughout the year. Restrictions apply. Fees are waived December through March.
Learn how you can use yard waste and certain food scraps to compost at home and produce food for your garden.
Christmas trees are collected curbside the first two full weeks of January. Ornamentation must be removed. Artificial trees are not taken. The Drop Off Facility accepts Christmas Trees from residents for free.
Did you know?
Over 15,000 cubic yards of yard waste are collected in Manchester each year and composted at local farms. Diversion of this material preserves existing landfill space and reduces the amount of methane gas produced during decomposition.
Rules and Regulations
By law, yard waste must be separated from trash. Acceptable methods of placement are:
- Biodegradable Paper Bags (no plastic)
- Barrels with City Yard Waste stickers attached (stickers available at Department of Public Works, 475 Valley Street, and Drop Off Facility)
- Bundles no more than 3 feet long and 2 feet in diameter (ties should be biodegradable, not plastic)
Please keep in mind the following restrictions:
- No individual branch or stump greater than 3 inches in diameter or 3 feet in length will be collected. These restrictions do not apply to Christmas trees during the January collection period.
- Yard waste should be placed at the edge of the roadway no later than 7 AM of your scheduled collection day. Please take care to not block sidewalks.