The Drop Off Facility provides an alternative disposal option for most wastes and recyclables generated in Manchester.
Location: 500 Dunbarton Road
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM – 3 PM; first and third Saturday of every month, 7 AM – 11:30 AM
Materials accepted include:
- Automotive batteries, tires and waste oil
- Bulky items (such as furniture and rugs)
- Construction and demolition debris
- Fire extinguishers
- Household trash
- Propane tanks
- Recyclables (mixed paper/cardboard; plastics #1 - 7, except Styrofoam and PVC; tin; steel; aluminum; and glass)
- Scrap metal (including appliances such as refrigerators and stoves)
- Yard Waste (except stumps or branches larger than 3 inches in diameter)
Materials not accepted include:
- Industry-generated hazardous wastes and substances (including asbestos and wood treated with creosote)
- Soils, except for small quantities incidental to the removal of roots
Residential hazardous waste is accepted only during Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events, which are held on the second Saturdays of May and October, from 9 AM to 2 PM. Disposal is free. Limitations apply.
The use of automated dump bodies is prohibited, except for disposal of yard waste. This policy minimizes the risk of: (1) hazardous materials entering the facility’s waste containers; and (2) containers being filled inadvertently beyond capacity.