****The Drop Off Center has resumed normal operating hours. Face masked recommended within six feet of another person****
updated on 7/29/20
The Drop Off Facility at 500 Dunbarton Road accepts most wastes and recyclables generated in Manchester.
Hours of Operation
The Drop Off Facility is open during the following times (except holidays):
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM – 3 PM
- First and third Saturdays of the month, 7:30 AM – 1 PM
To speak to an attendant, please call (603) 624-6504.
Permits and Fees
An annual use permit is required. Permits may be purchased at the facility only. Consult the fee schedule for eligibility requirements, permit fees, facility guidelines, and disposal charges. Only cash and checks are accepted.
The following materials are accepted at the Drop Off Facility:
- Automotive and rechargeable batteries, tires and waste oil
- Bulky items (such as furniture and rugs)
- Construction/demolition debris and trash
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent lamps and ballasts
- Household trash and recyclables
- Mercury thermostats
- Metal scrap (including appliances such as refrigerators and stoves)
- Paint (LATEX ONLY)
- Propane tanks (maximum of 100 lbs)
- Yard waste (logs are accepted, but no stumps or large roots)
The following materials are not accepted at the Drop Off Facility:
- Hazardous wastes, except for those listed above*
- Fill (i.e., soils and rocks)
*household hazardous wastes may be disposed of at special collection events
The use of automated dump bodies is restricted to loads of yard waste only.
Recycling at the Drop Off Facility
There is no charge or permit required for residents to dispose of household recyclables. Items taken include: container plastics #1 - 7, except Styrofoam and PVC; tin; steel; aluminum; glass; paper; and cardboard. Paper and cardboard must be separated from other items.
City of Manchester trash carts in 35g, 65g, and 95g sizes may be purchased at the Drop Off Facility. They come with a limited, ten-year warranty from the date of manufacture. Call the facility directly for assistance in determining whether your container is still under warranty.
Recycling carts are available for onsite pickup only by owners and tenants of downtown collection zone properties. They must be purchased at the facility. To determine if you fall within the downtown collection zone, contact the Highway Division.
Municipal customers outside of downtown who wish to participate in curbside recycling may sign up for a free recycling cart.
Did You Know?
The City works with local businesses and the Northeast Resource Recovery Association to reuse, recycle or compost much of the material taken to the Drop Off Facility. Read What Happens to Items I Bring to the Drop Off Facility?.