The Drop Off Facility at 500 Dunbarton Road accepts most wastes and recyclables generated in Manchester.
Hours of Operation
The Drop Off Facility is open during the following times:
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM – 3 PM
- First and third Saturdays of the month, 7:30 AM – 1 PM
To speak to an attendant during hours of operation, please call (603) 624-6504.
Permits and Fees
An annual use permit is required. Permits may be purchased at the facility only. Consult the fee schedule for eligibility requirements, permit fees, facility guidelines, and disposal charges. Only cash and checks are accepted.
The following materials are accepted at the Drop Off Facility:
- Automotive and rechargeable batteries, tires and waste oil
- Bulky items (such as furniture and rugs)
- Construction/demolition debris and trash
- Fire extinguishers
- NEW - Fluorescent lamps and ballasts!
- Household trash and recyclables
- Mercury thermostats
- Metal scrap (including appliances such as refrigerators and stoves)
- Propane tanks (maximum of 60 lbs)
- Yard waste (except stumps and large roots) We now accept logs!
The following materials are not accepted at the Drop Off Facility:
- Hazardous wastes, except for those listed above*
- Fill (i.e., soils and rocks)
*household hazardous wastes may be disposed of at special collection events
The use of automated dump bodies is restricted. See guidelines for details.
Recycling at the Drop Off Facility
There is no charge to recycle. Residents disposing of only recyclables need not have a facility permit. Items taken include: container plastics #1 - 7, except Styrofoam and PVC; tin; steel; aluminum; glass; mixed paper; and cardboard. Paper and cardboard must be separated from other items.
Trash Carts for Sale
City of Manchester trash carts may be purchased at the Drop Off Facility. Carts come with a limited, ten-year warranty from the date of manufacture.
Downtown Recycling Carts for Sale
Recycling carts are available for purchase by downtown businesses and property owners only. Businesses outside of the downtown should contact Pinard Waste Systems at (603) 413-6799, or by email.
Residents outside of the downtown who wish to participate in curbside recycling may sign up for a free recycling cart.
Did You Know?
The City works with the Northeast Resource Recovery Association and local businesses to reuse, recycle or compost much of the material taken to the Drop Off Facility. Read What Happens to Items I Bring to the Drop Off Facility?.