An encumbrance permit must be obtained when there is the need for:
- any temporary closure or narrowing of a pedestrian walkway; or
- the temporary closing of one or more lanes of a City street; or
- the blocking or obstructing of any portion of the City right-of-way intended for vehicular or pedestrian usage.
- meet insurance and bonding requirements (A bond is not required for encumbrance only)
- submit and obtain approval of a traffic control/detour plan
- provide appropriate barricades, detour signage and traffic controls
- maintain a copy of the approved permit on site at all times