Per the Code of Ordinance Title V Chapter 52, Section 52.095 Sewer Rental Charges consist of a sewer usage charge and a service charge as follows:
USAGE CHARGE (Section 52.160)
Residential and Commercial premises usage charge is computed based on the number of cubic feet of water consumed on the premises as metered by the Water Works at the rates per 100 cubic feet as follows:
- Standard Rate - $3.47/100 CF (effective 04/01/11)
- Discount Rate – available for those citizens who receive the Optional Adjusted Elderly Exemption at the Tax Assessor's Office and for those citizens who are on the Tax Deferral for Elderly and Disabled Persons Program with the Tax Assessor’s Office.
- Discount Rate - $1.74/100 CF (effective 04/01/11)
Industrial establishments permitted through the Industrial Pretreatment Program shall be computed under the usage charge formula based on the unit costs provided in the ordinance effective 04/01/11.
- TSS: $33.81 X Reading X .01 (100lb Units of TSS)
- BOD: $33.81 X Reading X .01 (100lb Units of BOD)
- Flow: $3.22 X Reading X .001 (1,000 gallon units of flow)
Non-metered premises usage charge is based on the average consumption for comparable structures as determined by the Chief Sanitary Engineer. The average consumption determined is 26 cubic feet per unit for a single family, 35 cubic feet for two (2) unit buildings, and 16 cubic feet per unit for multi unit buildings. Owners may have metering facilities installed at their own expense. Installations must be requested in writing and conform to EPD policy.
SERVICE CHARGE (Section 52.097)
Service Charges shall be payable by the owner of the real estate whether or not the premises are occupied. All service charges shall be at the rates provided in Section 52.160. In the case of structures containing multiple dwelling units or any combination of dwelling units, commercial establishments, or industrial establishments, a separate service charge shall be payable for each dwelling unit, commercial, and industrial establishment.
Standard Rate [or Discount Rate if applicable] Per Quarter (effective 04/01/11)
- $21.18 per unit [$10.59 per unit] Residential Structures containing single dwelling unit
- $17.33 per unit [$8.67 per unit] Residential Structures containing two dwelling units
- $13.48 per unit [$6.74 per unit] Residential Structures containing three or more dwelling units
- $28.88 per unit [$14.44 per unit] per commercial establishment
- $59.68 per unit [discount not applicable] per industrial establishment
Residential Establishment: Buildings intended for providing full-time living accommodations as opposed to commercial or industrial establishments.
Commercial Establishment: For billing purposes shall mean any business or professional concern which provides a service and shall include any such concern occupying one or more rooms for the sole purpose of conducting a business in a building with available sanitary facilities whether such facilities are located within the space occupied by such concern or elsewhere in the building.
Industrial Establishment: For purposes of billing, shall mean any business concern, which manufactures or produces a product.
Dwelling Unit: A single living quarter arranged for the use of one or more individuals, with cooking, living, sanitary, and sleeping facilities.