The Drop Off Facility provides an alternative disposal option for most wastes and recyclables generated in Manchester. What happens to items I bring to the Drop Off Facility?
Location: 500 Dunbarton Road
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM – 3 PM; first and third Saturday of every month, 7 AM – 11:30 AM
Materials accepted at the Drop Off Facility include:
- Automotive batteries, tires and waste oil
- Bulky items (such as furniture and rugs)
- Construction and demolition debris
- Fire extinguishers
- Household trash
- Propane tanks
- Recyclables (mixed paper/cardboard; plastics #1 - 7, except Styrofoam and PVC; tin; steel; aluminum; and glass)
- Scrap metal (including appliances such as refrigerators and stoves)
- Yard Waste (except stumps or branches larger than 3 inches in diameter)
Please consult our fee schedule for prices and guidelines. Note that only cash and checks are accepted. Regular customers may submit an application for a charge account. Call (603) 624-6444 for more information.
Industry-generated hazardous wastes and substances (including asbestos) are not taken. Household hazardous waste is accepted during Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events only, which are held on the second Saturdays of May and October, from 9 AM to 2 PM. These events are open to Manchester residents only. Disposal is free. Limitations apply.
Carts for curbside collection of refuse and for downtown recycling are also available for purchase at the Drop Off Facility. (Residents who wish to participate in Manchester's curbside recycling may sign up for a free recycling cart.) NOTICE -- Cart prices increase October 1 Why have cart prices been raised?