Location: 500 Dunbarton Road
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM – 3 PM; first and third Saturday of every month, 7 AM – 11:30 AM
The City of Manchester Drop Off Facility provides an alternative disposal option for most waste and recyclables generated at Manchester properties. Materials accepted at the facility include:
- Automotive batteries, tires and waste oil
- Bulky items (such as furniture and rugs)
- Construction and demolition debris
- Electronics (now charged at 7.5 cents/lb)
- Household trash
- Recyclables (mixed paper/cardboard; plastics #1 - 7, except Styrofoam; tin; steel; aluminum; and glass)
- Scrap metal
- Yard Waste (except stumps or branches larger than 3 inches in diameter)
All facility users must purchase a $5 annual permit. Additional fees may apply. Only cash and checks are accepted.
Effective August 4, 2014, there will be a new fee schedule.
Industry-generated hazardous wastes and substances (including asbestos) are not taken. Household hazardous waste is only accepted during Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events, which are held on the second Saturdays of May and October, from 9 AM to 2 PM. These events are open to Manchester residents only. Disposal is free. Limitations apply.
Carts for curbside collection of refuse and for downtown recycling are also available for purchase at the Drop Off Facility.