- New employees and their dependents are eligible for dental insurance on the first of the month following 3 months of continuous employment.
- During the year, if you have a qualifying event (marriage/divorce/new child/etc.), you will have 30 days from the date of the qualifying event to make a change to your benefit election. If you do not request the change within 30 days, the next opportunity you will have to make changes to your benefit will be at the next Open Enrollment period.
- Newborns must be added within 31 days of their birth, or within 31 days of their 2nd birthday. If not added within those times, the child will have to wait to be added at the next Open Enrollment period.
- Dependent children ages 19 up to age 25 qualify for continued coverage in the employees dental plan if they are unmarried, primarily supported by the employee, and enrolled in a secondary school, college or university as a full time student. Student Verification paperwork will have to be completed.
It is the employees' responsibility to notify HR when their child is no longer a full time student. The child must be removed from your Dental Insurance effective the last day of the month of graduation or date child left school.
BENEFIT COVERAGES & PERCENTAGES PAID BY DELTA DENTAL
|Diagnostic & Preventative
|Major - includes implant services
- The maximum amount which your plan will pay is $1,500 per person per calendar Year for Diagnostic & Preventative, Basic and Major benefits.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS & COVERAGE INFORMATION
FORMS & INFORMATION
HEALTH THROUGH ORAL WELLNESS (HOW) PROGRAM
This program extends additional preventive benefits to those who are at greater risk for oral disease. Benefit enhancements may include sealants for children and adults, greater frequency of cleanings (up to 4 cleanings per year), periodontal maintenance, fluoride treatments, oral health counseling and tooth decay susceptibility testing.
Read the HOW Brochure to get more information! You can also go to the HOW web site for more information.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the program call Delta Dental Customer service at 603-223-1000 or 1-800-537-1715.
(Please know, any additional preventive benefits you may qualify for through the HOW program are subject to the City’s dental benefit plan design. These benefits are subject to the $1,500 calendar year maximum. Also, if your qualify for additional periodontal maintenance services under “Basic Restorative”, you will be responsible for the 40% coinsurance).
Contact Delta Dental
Northeast Delta Dental Plan
One Delta Drive
P.O. Box 2002
Concord, NH 03302-2002
Customer Service/Lost Card: (603) 223-1234
Claim Issues Customer Service: (800) 832-5700