This website and its contents
are a service of
the City of Manchester, NH
last changed 9/17/2013
- Electric Street, just below the Nazaire Biron (Kelley Falls) Bridge, Manchester’s West Side
- Arena is open for rentals August - April.
- Skate rentals are not available at the West Side Arena.
- Hourly Private Ice Rental can be arranged by calling the Parks and Recreation office at (603) 624-6444, Extension 5346
- Stick & Puck - Monday through Fridays, 9:00 to 11:00 am, just $7, goalies are free. Starts Monday, August 26, 2013.
- Dimensions: 216' x 118 ' (25,488 square feet)
- Skating Surface: 200' x 85'
- Seating Capacity (Bleacher Style): 800 patrons
- Skating Season (Private Rentals Only): August through April
- 4 Changing Rooms
- Vending Machines
FROM THE NORTH: Take I-93 to I-293 South. Take exit 6, bearing to the right once you exit the highway. This will take you to a rotary. Stay on the rotary passing through one set of lights. After this set of lights, stay in the middle of the rotary and continue until a second set of lights. At this set of lights, you will continue straight through them which will bring you off the rotary. Take a left onto Montgomery street, then a right onto Bremer St. Take Bremer @ 1 mile then a left onto Electric Street. Ice Arena will be right ahead of you.
FROM THE SOUTH: Take I-93 to I-293 North until exit 6, which exits you onto a rotary. Bear to the left staying on the rotary, past a set of lights. Once past the first set of lights, stay in the middle lane, and continue straight through a second set of lights, and off the rotary. Once off the rotary, continue straight @ ¼ of mile and take a left onto Montgomery St., then a right onto Bremer St. Continue on Bremer @ 1mile then take left onto Electric Street. Ice Arena will be right ahead of you.
For directions click here.
The West Side Ice Arena was completed in 1974, under the administration of Mayor Sylvio Dupuis. In the summer of 2003, extensive improvements were made including new lighting, dehumidification, Low-E Ceiling, and Handicap Accessibility. The Arena once served as home ice to New Hampshire College (now known as Southern NH University) and Saint Anselm College and is now home to Manchester West and Merrimack High Schools; Over 40 Hockey League and the Industrial Hockey League.