Our mission is to promote honest, efficient, effective and fully accountable City government. We establish the following goals:
- To issue audit reports, conducted in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards, that:
- determine if an entity's internal control structure is adequately designed and implemented to achieve control objectives
- determine the efficiency and effectiveness of City programs and services
- determine if operations are in compliance with applicable laws and ordinances
- determine if City resources are adequately safeguarded against loss, waste and abuse
- recommend necessary improvements in each of the above areas.
- To issue objective studies of issues that improves decision-making by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen, management and the public.
- To promote efficiency, effectiveness and accountability in our contacts with the Board of Mayor and Aldermen, management, the general population of city employees and the public.