Forestry 1 is housed at the Amory St. Station and was in service in time for the 2003 spring brush fire season.
The Manchester Fire Department has received its first forestry vehicle. The 2002 Ford F550 is equipped with:
- 7.3L Power Stroke diesel engine
- Hale pump system with Class A Foam capability
- 300 ft. of 1 1/2" hose
- 50 ft. of 2 1/2" hose
- 300 gallon water tank with a 10 gallon drop-in foam tan.
- 12,000 lb. winch both front and rear
- Hydro-Wick Wickman-100 portable pump.
The department accepted a second forestry truck to be stationed at the Cohas Brook Fire Station.
The water flowing delivery system includes:
- 2003 Ford F-550 all-wheel drive with a 17,500 GVWR pkg.
- 250 HP 7.3L V8 turbo diesel engine
- 4 speed auto transmission
- 4.88 limited slip rear axle
- Ramsey 12,000 Lb. Electric Winch (fore and aft)
- Hale Centrifugal Pump
- 4 cycle gasoline engine with capabilities of 110 gpm @ 150 psi, 50 gpm @ 250 psi
- 290 gallon gallon water tank with foam capabilities