Home » Departments » City Clerk » Licenses and Permits » 50-50 Sidewalk Program

50/50 Residential Sidewalk/Curb Program

The 50/50 Residential Sidewalk/Curb Program was established to help defray the cost of improvements made to residential sidewalks and curbing. This program is conditional upon funding from the Board of Mayor and Aldermen.

The process begins at the office of the City Clerk, where a Sidewalk Improvement Petition for a sidewalk or curb (or both) must be filled out. The applicant must provide all pertinent information, such as the name, address and phone number of the homeowner, the scope of work being requested, and any other required information. The City Clerk’s Office will process the application and forward a copy to the Board of Mayor and Aldermen for approval.  The Board’s approval is subject to funding availability.  After the approval from the Board of Mayor and Aldermen the application is then forwarded to the Highway Department for execution of the program.

For an application or additional information, please visit the Highway Department’s Sidewalks page.