Start your career with New Hampshire's largest police force
Step 1: Application Process
- Fill out the online application
- Include a copy of your birth certificate, high school diploma (or GED)
- Include your driver’s license or state ID. (If applicable, also include a DD2 Form 214 – certificate of discharge from military active duty)
- Pay non-refundable $25 APPLICATION FEE
NOTE: Entry level exams are held 2 to 3 times per year and advertised on our website and social media, typically 10 weeks out. You MUST be 21 years old by the date of a conditional offer of employment.
Step 2: Selection Process
You MUST pass a written Exam and Physical agility test.
- Written Exam
- Physical Agility Exam Requirements
- 1 ½ mile run
NOTE: You must pass each phase of the physical test to move onto the next. (i.e if you fail the sit-up portion, you will be dismissed and not allowed to move onto the push-ups.)
Step 3: Interview
Upon passing these tests, you will advance to a scheduled Oral Board.
Step 4: Conditional offer of Probationary Employment
If a conditional offer of probationary employment is made, you will be required to
- Background Check
- polygraph examination
- psychological examination
- medical examination
Final Step: Personal meeting with the Chief