Home » Departments » Human Resources » Retirees


Retirees looking at ocean

Open Enrollment for Retirees Under 65
May 17, 2021-May 31, 2021






Important Notice For Retirees who are turning 65 that live in FL, MN, WA.

Beginning January 1, 2020 anyone who becomes eligible for Medicare and lives in Florida, Minnesota or Washington will no longer be allowed to enroll in the City’s Plan F Medicare Supplemental plan. A second plan (Plan G) will be offered to accommodate retirees who live in these three states.

This only affects retirees turning 65 on or after January 1, 2020 and who live in the three states mentioned above.

Update on the City of Manchester Deferred Compensation Plan

The City of Manchester is officially with ICMA-RC for our Deferred Compensation Plan and the freeze has been lifted!

Follow the instructions below to set up your online account. If you have any issues or concerns setting up your on-line account, please call ICMA-RC at 1-800-669-7400.

IMPORTANT: After you have set up your account, please review/update your beneficiaries, phone number and email address.

Instructions to Set Up Your on-line Account:

  • Go to www.icmarc.org
  • Click on “Participants”
  • Click on “Set Up Your Online Access”
  • Follow the prompts – it will lead you right through the process! All you will need to know is the last 4 of your SSN and your date of birth.
  • If ICMA-RC has your email address on file, they will send you a security code. If they do not have your email address on file, the system will ask you a series of questions. You can also call ICMA-RC at the number above to request a security code be sent to your mobile phone.

Important Notice Regarding Ex-Spouses on your Health/Dental Insurances

If you have your spouse on your Health and/or Dental Insurances, and you get divorced, you must notify HR/Benefits within 30 days of the Divorce. The ex-spouse cannot remain on your health and dental insurances once they are no longer your legal dependent.

Once you receive your Divorce Decree, send HR/Benefits a copy of the "Notice of Decision". Your ex-spouse must be removed from your health and dental insurances effective midnight on the last day of the month that your divorce was finalized. Your ex-spouse will be offered Cobra continuation of coverage rights.

If you do not notify HR/Benefits of your Divorce in a timely manner, the City does reserve the right to recoup any claims paid on behalf of the ex-spouse during the period they were no longer eligible to be on your health and/or dental insurances.

If you are a Fire/Police Retiree, you must also notify the New Hampshire Retirement System.