- Health Insurance - **Regular, full-time employees are eligible to receive health insurance thirty (30) days within their date of hire, or the first of the month following the date of hire.
- Staring Pay for entry level officers: $55,591
- Starting Pay for Certified Officers: $57,259-$60,746
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Basic Term Life Benefit
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Health Care Reimbursement Plan
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan
- Hazardous Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Time Off
- Sick Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays/year
State Retirement System
Eligible uniformed Police and Fire employees are enrolled in the State of New Hampshire Retirement System (NHRS). The NHRS is a public employee pension plan qualified as a tax exempt organization under Section 401(a) and 501((a) of the Internal Revenue Code. It provides retirement, disability, and death protection to its members and their beneficiaries. Contributions vary on an annual basis. The current rate is 11.55% of annual gross income. Retirement benefits are specifically determined by a formula, which considers two variables: a member's salary credit and a member's service credit.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to be offered employment, and must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Applicants’ eyesight must be at least 20/30, corrected; near vision at least 20/40 in each eye corrected without contact lenses or glasses, and 20/200 uncorrected. Successful long term soft contact lens wearers are not subject to the uncorrected criterion. This waiver is extended to hard lenses if successful use has been documented. Normal color and depth perception essential. Any condition which interferes with acuity or puts the eyes at risk shall result in disqualification or deferment.
- Must possess hearing sufficient to enable performance of essential job functions.
- Upon appointment, candidates must obtain a driver's license in accordance with New Hampshire statutes governing driver's licenses and registrations.
- Candidates will be required to obtain police officer certification within the time frame established by the New Hampshire Police Standards and Training Council.
- The Manchester Police Patrolman's Association has a shift by seniority clause in their current contract.
- All appointees will sign an agreement indicating that you will remain employed with the Manchester Police Department for a minimum of 3 years. If you leave prior to completing 3 years, you agree to reimburse the city of Manchester for your training costs.
Automatic Disqualifiers for Employment
- Used marijuana within 12 months.
- Illegally used a controlled substance, other than marijuana, within 36 months; unless the applicant was under 21 years of age at the time of use, in which case 24 months shall apply.
- Manufactured, transported for sale, or sold a controlled substance.
- Used a controlled substance while employed in a law enforcement capacity.
- Been dishonorably discharged from military service.
- Been convicted of a felony.
- Been convicted of a misdemeanor involving dishonesty, unlawful sexual conduct, physical violence, controlled substances, moral turpitude, or any offense that would cause a reasonable person to doubt the applicant's character, honesty, or ability.