The Quality Council shall promote and coordinate continuous improvement efforts by supporting all employees in carrying out the mission statement of the City to ensure exceptional customer service through involvement, communication and commitment.
The groundwork for the City of Manchester Quality Council was established in 2000 by the Yarger-Decker Oversight Committee comprised of representatives from the Aldermanic Board, department heads and the unions representing City employees. In association with Dr. Geri King, of the University of New Hampshire, the Human Resources Director developed the guidelines for Council membership and the role of the Council itself. The structure was based upon that fostered by adherents of the “Total Quality Management” approach to customer service.
The Quality Council was originally comprised of affiliated employees, non-affiliated employees, department heads, mayoral appointees and the Human Resources Director.
In 2006, the Council voted to open its membership to representatives of the business and academic communities.
- Phil Crosdale - Director, Water
- Cindy Flanagan - Administrative Services Manager II, HR
- Jean Fortier - Director, Information Systems
- Grant Lewis, III - Airport, Teamsters Union
- Charleen Michaud - Director, Welfare
- Linda Moreno - Water - Steelworkers Union
- Neil Penttinen - Police, Manchester Police Patrolman’s Assoc. Union
- Rick Polson - Police - Police Department Support Staff Union
- June Trisciani - Alderman
- Karrie Vicente - Account II, Airport
- Mark Gomez - DPW
- Brian Paquette - Fire
- Chad Gamache - Fire