New Hampshire currently has 70 Senior Companions who visit an average of 5 elderly each week. The goal is to keep the people in their own homes as long as possible.
While helping to make the lives of others more pleasant, volunteers find great rewards in being involved in their community and making a difference in someone's life.
Volunteer to visit frail seniors or adults with disabilities for 20 hours a week in your community and receive:
- A bi-weekly $106 stipend that is not taxed or reportable
- Paid personal leave and holidays
- Accident and liability insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Annual physical
- Recognition events
- Friendships that last a lifetime!
Am I eligible to become a Companion? You are if...
- You are 55 or older
- Have an income less than $21,660 (single) or $29,140 (couple)
- Out of pocket medical expenses may be deducted to meet eligibility standards.
One must apply to the Community Action Program in Concord at 603-225-3295. In Manchester one can sign up for a Companion or get more information by calling the Senior Services Department at 603-624-6533.
Doing good feels good. Volunteer today!
For further info call 1-800-856-5525