Welcome to the Manchester, New Hampshire Police Department Web Site. We are a Nationally Accredited, Community Policing Agency that stresses professionalism, integrity and fairness. Our partnership with the citizens of Manchester and those visiting our City is very important to us.
I am hopeful that the information provided will be very useful and enhance your understanding of our agency, the types of services which we provide and the role which we play in the community.
There are 15,000 Police Departments in the United States and of those, approximately 350 have received National Accreditation.
The Manchester Police Department was the 143rd Police Department in the United States to become fully accredited in 1990. In 2006, the department received meritorious recognition for having been a CALEA-accredited agency for over 15 years. Our agency received its seventh accreditation award in March of 2012.
In the continuous process of maintaining our accredited status, our agency has worked diligently to comply with and fulfill all standards set forth by CALEA. We are confident that the agency will once again be successfully re-accredited in March of 2015.
To learn more about National Accreditation and what it means please visit the CALEA
Please feel free to contact me by e-mail.
David J. Mara
Chief of Police
The Manchester Police Department's Vision Statement
* The Manchester Police Department will be the finest municipal police organization in the nation, delivering the highest level of public safety to our community.
* We will demonstrate the highest ethical and moral standards, honoring both our oath and professional responsibilities.
* The highest degree of professionalism and pride will be the standards which all Department members strive for in the daily dispatch of their duties.
* We will support the mission of the Manchester Police Department and share the values of the organization, while building trust with each other and the community.
* Communication, suggestions and acceptance for new ideas will be encouraged, while issues and concerns will be addressed in a timely fashion.
* Hard work, initiative, creativity, leadership, courage, enthusiasm and the commitment to exceed expectations will be acknowledged and rewarded. Hiring, assignment and promotion will be based upon the principles of fairness and merit allowing every individual at any point in his or her career to work toward and achieve their maximum potential.
* All employees and members of the community regardless of race, religion, sex or political belief will be treated equally and with respect.
* We will maintain honest and open relationships at all organizational levels, with employees and the community. We will learn from but not linger on the past.
* We will continually critique ourselves, focusing on performance, growth, values and training.