Martineau Park, a small triangle of land spanning less than a third of an acre, lies between Montcalm Street and Dionne Drive on the West side of Manchester. Located about a block from the Henry J. Pariseau High Rise, this secluded park offers benches, a cobblestone walkway, and some tree shaded grass perfect for a picnic. This small but tidy park is named after Albert R. Martineau of Manchester who was born in Hillsborough County in 1909. He became a Ward 12 Alderman in 1939 and served until 1943 when he enlisted in the U.S. Army and fought in World War II. After the war Martineau went back to being an Alderman, serving 20 years in Ward 12 until his retirement in 1971.
History of Martineau Park researched and written by: Jennah D. from Manchester Memorial High School Class of 2011.
For directions click here.