Note: Curbside yard waste collection resumes April 13.
The City provides curbside collection of yard waste on a seasonal basis. Collection is weekly in early spring and late fall; every-other-week during the period in between. Service ceases during the winter, except for Christmas tree collection in early January.
When are my upcoming collection days?
Missed pickup? Report it by using Manchester, NH Connect or calling the City's collection contractor, Pinard Waste Services, at (603) 413-6799.
- Per State of New Hampshire and City regulations, yard waste must be separated from refuse.
- Yard waste must be placed at the edge of the roadway and should not block sidewalks.
- Yard waste should be put out by 7 AM of your scheduled collection day but not prior to 4 PM of the day preceding.
- Yard waste must be tied into bundles no more than 3 feet long by 2 feet wide OR placed in the following approved containers:
- Barrels – maximum of 33 gallons and 75 pounds; official City of Manchester Yard Waste sticker must be attached; stickers available for free at the Public Works Department office, 475 Valley Street, or at the Drop Off Facility.
- Bags – biodegradable paper yard waste bags only; no plastic bags will be accepted
- No branches or stumps greater than 3 inches in diameter or 3 feet in length will be accepted.
- Composting is an effective way to reduce yard waste and produce food for your garden.
Questions? Contact the City's yard waste collection contractor, Pinard Waste, at (603) 413-6799 or email@example.com.
For quick-reference information about the City’s trash, recycling and yard waste services, check out the 2015 Solid Waste Guide.