The City provides curbside collection of yard waste on a seasonal basis. Collection is weekly in early spring and late fall; every-other-week during the period in between. Service ceases during the winter, except for Christmas tree collection in early January.
When are my upcoming collection days?
- Per State of New Hampshire and City regulations, yard waste must be separated from refuse.
- Yard waste must be placed at the edge of the roadway and should not block sidewalks.
- Yard waste should be put out by 7 AM of your scheduled collection day but not prior to 4 PM of the day preceding.
- Yard waste must be tied into bundles no more than 3 feet long by 2 feet wide OR placed in the following approved containers:
- Barrels – maximum of 33 gallons and 75 pounds; official City of Manchester Yard Waste sticker must be attached; stickers available for free at the Public Works Department office, 475 Valley Street, or at the Drop Off Facility.
- Bags – biodegradable paper yard waste bags only; no plastic bags will be accepted
- No branches or stumps greater than 3 inches in diameter or 3 feet in length will be accepted.
- Composting is an effective way to reduce yard waste and produce food for your garden.
Questions? Contact the City's yard waste collection contractor, Pinard Waste, at (603) 413-6799 or email@example.com.
For quick-reference information about the City’s curbside collection services, check out the 2014 Residential Refuse, Recycling and Yard Waste Guide.