The City provides curbside collection of yard waste on a seasonal basis. To determine when your property is serviced, consult the collection maps and schedules.
YARD WASTE IS CURRENTLY BEING COLLECTED CURBSIDE EVERY OTHER WEEK, THROUGH OCTOBER 24.
- Yard waste must be placed at the edge of the roadway and should not block sidewalks.
- Yard waste should be put out by 7 AM of your scheduled collection day but not prior to 4 PM of the day preceding.
- Yard waste must be tied into bundles no more than 3 feet long by 2 feet wide OR placed in approved containers (see below).
- No branches or stumps greater than 3 inches in diameter will be accepted.
- Per State of New Hampshire and City regulations, yard waste must be separated from refuse.
- Composting is an effective way to reduce yard waste and produce food for your garden.
Approved Yard Waste Containers
Yard Waste may be placed in the following containers:
- Barrels – maximum of 33 gallons and 75 pounds; official City of Manchester Yard Waste sticker must be attached; stickers available for free at the Public Works Department office, 475 Valley Street, or at the Drop Off Facility.
- Bags – biodegradable paper yard waste bags only; no plastic bags will be accepted
Questions? Call the Manchester Recycling Hotline at (603) 413-6799.
For quick-reference information about the City’s curbside collection services, check out the 2014 Residential Refuse, Recycling and Yard Waste Guide.