The KNOX-BOX® Rapid Entry System is a secure, rapid entry program specifically developed for the fire department. With one master key, your fire department can gain access to commercial properties. More than 6,500 departments nationwide use Knox key boxes and vaults, Haz-Mat cabinets, key switches, and padlocks.
Property owners can store entrance keys, access cards and floor plans in high-security Knox-Boxes mounted near your building entrances. Each KNOX-BOX® purchased by the property owner is keyed to a single master key controlled by the Manchester Fire Dept.
With the Knox System, there is no waiting for a property owner to unlock the door in the middle of the night, and no forcing the door open to gain entry. The Knox Rapid Entry System reduces response time, property damage and the liability for lost keys.
If you are interested in installing a KNOX-BOX® within the City of Manchester please contact fire Communications at 603-669-2256 ext. 3301 for an order form. A KNOX-BOX® is mandatory on any new or renovated building with a required fire alarm system. Additional information on the knox system can be found at knoxbox.com.
Some reasons to why you should install a KNOX-BOX®.
- Eliminates needless, costly forced entry damage.
- Ensures immediate building entry by fire personnel.
- Eliminates waiting for building keys.
- Protects inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage by delays in sprinkler shut-off.
- Maintains building security. Building was not damaged during forcible entry, it can be re-locked; after alarm investigation.
- Satisfies the City of Manchester's Fire Alarm regulations.
- The KNOX-BOX® system is attack resistant and UL listed to meet extreme climate and environmental conditons.
- Increases your peace-of-mind knowing that only fire personnel hold the key to the KNOX-BOX® and that they can quickly respond to an emergency without your presence.