PURCHASING COMPUTER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
The following are procedures to make computer related purchases that the requesting department is paying for.
1. Contact Information Systems via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone, with what computer/equipment/software you need to purchase.
2. Information Systems will contact you, if necessary, for more specifics and then obtain quotes.
3. Once everyone is in agreement on what should be purchased, Information Systems will then send you an e-mail with the subject of “Purchase Waiver”. This e-mail is your authorization to create the purchase order to the Vendor for the specified computer related items, thereby eliminating a PO to Information Systems.
a. The email will provide the details required for creating your PO or P-Card transaction
i. Vendor Name and Code #
ii. Item description, part# and cost
iii. 2 other quotes if cost is over $10,000
iv. “Ship To” address should be Information Systems Dept.
4. The Department will then send the e-mail to email@example.com and include your Purchase Order # for the Vendor. Information Systems will place the order with your PO number or if you prefer to use your P-Card for the transaction, contact us and we will work with you.
5. Information Systems will forward the order confirmation from the vendor, packing slip, invoice and any pertinent paperwork to the Department.
6. Information Systems will tag all hardware with a fixed asset tag.
7. Hardware and software will be recorded in our computer asset management database and a work order created for the installation.